Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Birthday Gift

Today is my birthday and there is nothing special or big thing about it here since I don't have my closest friends and my precious family around me except myself. I just cooked my favorite dish - Chicken Pork Adobo. This is the only dish I can cook perfectly which I learned from my Mamabear. Few months ago I really find a hard time living with myself alone here as I was so dependent on my mother way back when I was still at the comfort of my home. Now, as I venture myself in a foreign country in search of happiness, success, and myself; I learned so many things about me and the world around me. I can say that I am a bit learned about life now with all the things I have been through here. Well, after I cooked my dinner tonight, I went to school early for I know that there are only a few people in the office and I can spend more time with all the resources as I get to plan and finalize for my lessons this weekend. I always love to work alone without anybody around me for I can think clearly and work efficiently if I am left alone. Smiles. As the sundown was fast approaching, I opened my emails and sought some of my accounts online and there I saw many messages and birthday greetings which made me so happy and I couldn't help but send my thank yous. As I was so busy on my email replies, I saw Lena, our Center Manager with the Mickey and Minnie mouse stuff toys. To all my surprise, she knocked my door and gave me those and greeted me the warmest personal greeting I've ever heard here. It was so sweetly said and I was moved I wanted to cry but I just kept my composure. I just said thank you so much with all my sincerity and heart as I hugged her I can feel that she is really a very good and caring person.

When everybody knew today is my birthday, they greeted me one by one and Mandy gave me a very cute and lovely cake which she bought from my favorite cakeshop near my apartment. Smiles.

When I got home tonight, I just have myself a great night chatting with my family and significant other on the phone. I was so happy and after we talked I treated myself with my own party. I got my favorite dish, Tsingtao my official beer here, and Mandy's cake. Indeed, I celebrated my birthday here all by myself and I love it. I didn't sleep not until I wasn't feeling bloated with all the things I ate a few hours ago. Grins.

Now, I really feel happy as my special day is about to end. Perhaps these pictures would capture the unsaid thoughts in my mind right now. Smiles. Cheers to myself! Smiles.

No comments: