Monday, June 9, 2008

LITTLE Waxberry Picking Big Day

This afternoon, I and my housemate went to a nearby mountain at about 20 minutes drive by car from the city center. We were cordially invited by her student's father who is the closest friend of our dear friend at school. His family owned a waxberry farm in that little town. So to cut this short story shorter, we went there with other colleagues and enjoyed our time picking waxberries right from its tree. Whew! I felt like I was a little baby crawling underneath the trees for its really short like 10-15 feet from the ground as for my approximation. Grins. The first few picks were so great and nice that I forgot to put those in my little fruit basket instead I put right into my mouth. Smiles. Until I have felt that I had enough to fill my tummy then I remembered that I need to put many waxberries into my basket. They are just so sweet and irresistible like M&Ms. Waxberries are so sweet most especially if get enough sunlight. I really love the climb to the mountaintop where the farm is and the most wonderful experience with nature here in RuiAn is that waxberry picking we had this afternoon. Perhaps these pictures could speak the rest of my mind's ramblings right now. Smiles.

2 comments:

Kattleya said...

maf,

those waxberries look yummy. are they what we call as rambutan here? unsay lami ani?

mafe said...

kar, mora ra na shag atong lomboy diah heheh as in lami panoon sha sa atong lomboy...sus sakit gud ako tiya n paghuman og kaon oi nagbusog jud ko aron di mapasmo heheh ;))