Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring Festival

Midnight of Thursday 06th of February is the celebration of the Chinese New Year here. I saw fireworks displays which are so grand and fabulous. I could've took some shots but my hands are sweaty and shaky so I decided not to take any picture at all. Despite the noise I still managed to sleep at around 1:00a.m. after I finished a thread of my cross stitch. This is what I have learnt recently from Anelie, my dearest housemate. She is good at cross stitching and writing. I am so blessed to have her as my housemate and colleague. As others are so busy outside preparing for their midnight dinner for the spring feast, the two of us decided just to cuddle around my room doing cross stitch while chatting. The heater is on so there is nothing to worry about the cold weather. While most Chinese people are celebrating the Chinese New Year, we just preferred to stay at home, cook some good pasta and eat. Well, the nicest thing I have learned is how to be contented of what I have and of course the new lesson I have learned - cross stitching. :)

No comments: