Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hangman Revisited

Are you ready!? This is my usual shout everytime I get to play games with my early learner students. They are super energetic little girls and so cute with their witty tongues. Though they are speaking in their native language every now and then, I understand coz they are still learning. Their favorite game is the so-called Hangman Revisited or should we say 'Kill the Teacher' as what we call it at school. The kids love it so much that they would just play it the entire session. Playing Hangman Revisited is easy just like the tradtional Hangman but instead of the the stick drawn on the board like a man, we're using the shark's face at the bottom with a long stick with ladders at both sides of it which represents the numbers of mistakes/tries the students or the teachers could get before being swallowed comopletely by the shark, hahah. And this thought would keep them more awake and competetitive in playing this game. My little girls love this and so does my little boys in another early learner class on Sunday mornings. Smiles. Try this if it works.

No comments: