Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Made Him Learn the Hard Way

Huhuh! The class began with a cry of our naughtiest boy in class – Ian. As what I’ve shared here before, he is my naughtiest student this term. I came in the class with a parent waiting for me to observe my class. I knew it would be fucked up ‘coz of Ian. However, to my surprise that it wasn’t that easy for me to be strict. In the first place I am a no strict instructor. This is the only class that I need to be strict. Well, I am well aware that my problem for this class is classroom management. I have tried several management strategies and it didn’t work with them. Now, I guess I have to really be stern in my rules. Let’s just say that I have to stick to what I want them to do and all I want from them is to BEHAVE properly in class. So, as the first hour ended, the parent came to me and commented that I pretty well delivered the lesson well though some of the boys aren’t paying more attention to what I’m saying. Yes, it’s true and I said I have to work more on that part. Still, she said no worries you are doing great and I am happy that my son has learned many things from you. She said that we are on the same boat so no worries I sympathize with you. Well, I am just thankful that she was able to relate with me and I am happy to have her in my class today. Nervousness overwhelmed me at first but I was pretty doing well on the most part of the first hour. Smiles.

No comments: